Difficulty urinating in men
- Usually presented as frequent urination, slow stream of urine and urination at night
- Difficulty urinating in men can have many causes, but are often caused by a benign enlarged prostate.
For details please see the following websites:
- Acute urinary stop is the sudden inability to urinate.
- It presents itself as very painful and powerful desire to urinate but can,t do that (pee).
- The treatment is to put a catheter through the urethra to the bladder emptying it.
Urinary incontinence in the elderly
Urinary incontinence is a condition where there is involuntary leaking of urine
Overall there may be:
- Stress incontinence, which typically occurs when you cough, sneeze, jump or run.
- Urge- incontinence, which is characterized by a sudden urge, where you can not reach the toilet.
- Sometimes there may be a combination of stress and urge incontinence.
For details see kindly the following sites: www.medscape.com/viewarticle/410843